Professor, Pathology & Molecular Medicine
McMaster University, Canada
Professor Peter A. Kavsak is a Canadian clinical biochemist and researcher known for his contributions to the field of laboratory medicine, particularly in the area of cardiovascular biomarkers and diagnostic testing. He is affiliated with McMaster University and Hamilton Health Sciences in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
Professor Kavsak’s work primarily revolves around improving the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases through the use of biomarkers and laboratory testing. He has conducted research on various biomarkers, including troponin and B-type natriuretic peptides, which play a crucial role in diagnosing conditions like heart attacks and heart failure.
He is recognized for his expertise in clinical chemistry and has been involved in educating medical students, residents, and laboratory professionals about laboratory testing’s significance in cardiology and patient care.
Professor Kavsak’s research contributions have been published in scientific journals, and he has been active in collaborations with other researchers and clinicians in the field of laboratory medicine and cardiology.
Peter Kavsak reported the following relevant financial disclosures:
• Grant/Research Support: Abbott, Beckman, Ortho, Randox, Roche, Siemens
• Consultant Fee: Abbott, Roche, Siemens
• Board/Committee Membership/Advisory Board: Quidel, Roche, Siemens
• Honorarium/Expenses: Abbott, Siemens, Thermo Fisher Scientific
• Patents or Royalties holder: Patents for methods regarding assessing risk of heart failure, assessing risk of cardiac events, and determining acute kidney injury.